Jakie jest tłumaczenie słowa lub zwrotu w języku angielskim? Czy moje tłumaczenie jest poprawne? Proszę podać możliwie szeroki kontekst jego użycia.
Posty: 2 • Strona 1 z 1
26.11.2013 19:12:45


przez CrassBrauer
Posty: 1
Dołączył(a): 26.11.2013 19:04:10
If I am not mistaken, I believe that the definition given for Induktionsherd is not correct. Induktion and induction I believe have the same French root and refer to the use of alternating current to produce heat. Herd, of course, is a cognate with hearth and would be generally translated as stove in English.
03.12.2013 16:41:40

Re: Induktionsherd

przez Laura77
Posty: 291
Dołączył(a): 17.10.2011 15:37:18
Hello CrassBrauer,

Etymologically speaking this is true: I wouldn't consider the use of "Herd" incorrect though, but simply more colloquial - a generally accepted translation for everyday purposes which would most likely be translated differently in a specialized context (e.g. technical documentation, instructions for use, or when writing a brochure etc.).

The term "Induktionskochfeld" ("induction cooktop" or "induction hob") might be more suitable to your purposes; a good suggestion for inclusion in the dictionary :idea:



Posty: 2 • Strona 1 z 1

Interfejs: Deutsch | Ελληνικά | English | Español | Français | Italiano | Polski | Português | Русский | Slovenščina | Türkçe | 中文